Nuffnang

Tuesday 22 March 2016

Her first time entering the OT!



Something new and exciting happened today!

This morning I was super down while I was on my way to work because I was super demotivated by bosses and I am still struggling in between to resign or not to. Not until I received a text from the eye doctor inviting me to join his cataract surgery.


Rule number 1, dressed up and wash your hand.

It might not sounds exciting to you but I always wanted to know how OT looks like and how it operates at the inside while operation is going on. And it is not that you always got the chance to go into OT as a healthy and conscious one. Doctor and nurses are different story =P


I can tell you the whole procedure was pretty much like how it looks like in the drama. Surgeon giving instruction, nurses helping out, passing equipment, monitoring BP, heartbeat and stuff. But the ambience is not as tense up as what we watch usually on the TV, I guess because this is a cataract surgery instead of some open heart or brain or emergency cases.

Ya, I have witnessed the whole procedure and I don't find it scary. Besides, there was a second I feel like doing my degree once again as a doctor or nurse so that I can participate in the operation BAHAHAHA.


This is Dr Ong, the Oculoplastics surgeon. It is not easy to work with doctors, but he is really down to earth and always share his knowledge generously with everyone! 
*Clap clap clap* 



Goshhhhh I am so hideous and pale like I am the one who needs operation wtfff Zzzzz

I was having bad dreams in the passed few nights, and I am mentally drained up. T_________T

Ahhhh, I just had my best 2 hours ever since I joined the hospital =D

Looking forward for his next surgery!


6 comments:

  1. Woww! Why will ask you join de??

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cause i need to do some write up for OT, as a lay person ^__^

      Delete
  2. yes..seriously not stress like those showed in TV..Some even got MP3 playing songs.. Haha....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yessssss, hahahaha, next time u can consider based in OT, seems fun XD

      Delete
  3. Yes..I did consider that.. need experience and post basic courses. ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. GO GO GO!!I support you! Then next time when you become OT nursing head can bring me in HAHAHAHA

      Delete